Monday, October 15, 2007

a few more photos




So I just arrived in Yaounde, the capital city of Cameroon, and it seems like the lap of luxury. I've already delighted in icecream and a hot shower, and hopefully this week I will find sushi and some american medical products. Right now I'm sitting in the library at the World Bank. Although I don't agree with many of their politics, I'm not about to complain about their high-speed connection, which will allow me to post a few photos today. Above, there is one of my youngest host sister, who could totally school any other three year old in a child modeling conest. Also, one of some roof tops in Dschang, one of my french class (which was usually outside at the University of Dschang, and made me feel like a young, aristocratic girl in a Henry James novel.) In my French class are my professor Andre, my friends Chloe (in the red shirt) and my two friends Julia.





1 comment:

katy said...

that child is adorable. please bring her to pomona with you! i'll keep her!

love french class!
xoxox